Software Project 1
SENG6150 and SENG6160 form a 2 course sequence in which students apply their previously-developed knowledge and skills to a substantial practical team project. SENG6150 concentrates on the requirements engineering and design phases. These phases are placed in context through a general introduction to software project management, ethics and software process maturity. In the project, students firstly produce a requirements document. Then they will develop a requirements model which is used to produce a detailed design model.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Ave a detailed understanding of, and practical experience related to, the requirements engineering and design phases in software development.
2. Nderstand software process and process maturity.
3. Nderstand the importance of project planning and managing the software process.
4. Nderstand how to validate a design against the system requirements, and related software engineering standards.
5. Evelop adequate skills in client liaison, requirements and design modelling, and documentation.
6. E able to work effectively in a team.
7. Ave developed effective verbal and written communication skills.
Topics for this course are:
- Software process and the Capability-Maturity Model
- Project planning and management
- Requirements elicitation and analysis
- Requirements validation and prototyping
- System design
- Component design
- Design Patterns
- Review of design against requirements
- Software engineering standards for requirements engineering and system design.
At least SENG6110 and preferably SENG6120 also. Students must study SENG6150 before SENG6160.
Project: Software Project
Report: Problem Based Learning Report
Report: Project Final Report
Report: Project Participation and Management
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term