User Interface Design
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Introduces design and analysis methods for user interface design. Relevant perceptual psychology is introduced, and guidelines for user interface design are derived. Design methods are discussed. Analysis of interfaces by experimentation on humans is described. The subject includes a large practical project in which the students engineer a user interface.
1. Introduce students to guidelines for user interfaces.
2. Introduce students to design methods for user interfaces.
3. Introduce students to analysis methods for user interfaces.
4. Provide students with practical experience in design methods for user interfaces.
5. Provide students with practical experience in analysis methods for user interfaces.
6. Work effectivel in a team to produce a software artifact
1. Introduction to Goal-Directed and Scenario-Based Design.
2. Principles of interaction design.
3. Analysis and Specification of user interfaces.
4. Prototyping techniques and processes.
5. Quality Assurance and Testing for user interfaces.
6. Practical experience in analysis methods for user interfaces.
7. An introduction to Voice User Interfaces.
SENG1120 and SENG2130.
Modes of Delivery
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term