Software Project 2: Software Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance
|Course code SENG3160||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
SENG3150 and SENG3160 form a 2 course sequence in which students apply their previously-developed knowledge and skills to a substantial practical team project. SENG3160 concentrates on the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases. A team project is undertaken which implements a provided design based on the SENG3150 project requirements. A second part of the course involves maintenance and extension of either the previously-implemented system, or legacy software for which documentation is provided.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course, students will:|
1) Have a detailed understanding of, and project experience related to, the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases in software development.
2) Understand software configuration and management.
3) Have developed system integration skills.
4) Have a detailed understanding of software project management.
5) Have practical experience of maintenance of production software.
6) Have understanding of system integration.
7) Have developed team and presentation skills.
8) Be able to work effectively in a team.
|Content||Topics for this course are:|
" Software implementation
" System integration
" Software system maintenance and configuration management
" Project management
" Software development tools and environments
" Software engineering standards for implementation, testing, and overall system quality
|Replacing Course(s)||SENG3120 Object-Oriented Software Engineering|
|Transition||Students may not gain credit for both SENG3120 and SENG3160. BE(Software) students who have not completed SENG3120 will undertake SENG3160.|
|Assumed Knowledge||SENG3130 and SENG3150.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Problem Based Learning: for 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for SENG3160|