Software Project 2: Software Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance
SENG3150 and SENG3160 form a 2 course sequence in which students apply their previously-developed knowledge and skills to a substantial practical team project. SENG3160 concentrates on the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases. A team project is undertaken which implements a provided design based on the SENG3150 project requirements. A second part of the course involves maintenance and extension of either the previously-implemented system, or legacy software for which documentation is provided.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Have a detailed understanding of, and project experience related to, the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases in software development.
2. Understand software configuration and management.
3. Have developed system integration skills.
4. Have a detailed understanding of software project management.
5. Have practical experience of maintenance of production software.
6. Have understanding of system integration.
7. Have developed team and presentation skills.
8. Be able to work effectively in a team.
Topics for this course are:
- Software implementation
- System integration
- Software system maintenance and configuration management
- Project management
- Software development tools and environments
- Software engineering standards for implementation, testing, and overall system quality
This course replaces the following course(s): . Students who have successfully completed are not eligible to enrol in SENG3160.
SENG3130 and SENG3150
Project: Software Project Implementation
Project: Project Testing
Report: Problem Based Learning Report
Report: Project Management and Participation and Management
Presentation: System Demonstration
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term