Introduction to Software Engineering 1
This course is an introduction to object-oriented programming language, for example, Java. The course introduces the fundamentals of analysing a problem and then implementing a solution as a computer software system. Students are introduced to the software life cycle and an overview is given of the basic hardware and software components of a computer system. Students learn about problem solving strategies, top-down program development and programming style. The course provides a basic introduction to data abstraction and object-oriented analysis and design. Emphasis is placed on programming and testing.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Write complete, well documented and well structured programs.
2. Use input/output methods.
3. Use selection and looping structures.
4. Understand and write methods.
5. Understand object declaration & initialisation
6. Understand and apply (Java) classes to solve problems
7. Use input from and output to external files.
8. Understand and use arrays.
9. Understand basic concepts in object oriented programming.
- Control structures
- Object-oriented programming basics
- Advanced topics
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Lab Work
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
In Term Test: Midterm Exam
Formal Examination: Formal Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must obtain 40% in the final exam to pass the course.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term