Introduction to Software Engineering 1
|Course code SENG1110||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Engineering and Built EnvironmentSchool of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
This course is an introduction to object-oriented programming language, for example, Java. The course introduces the fundamentals of analysing a problem and then implementing a solution as a computer software system. Students are introduced to the software life cycle and an overview is given of the basic hardware and software components of a computer system. Students learn about problem solving strategies, top-down program development and programming style. The course provides a basic introduction to data abstraction and object-oriented analysis and design. Emphasis is placed on programming and testing.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the end of SENG1110, a student will be able to:|
* write complete, well documented and well structured programs.
* use GUI based commands on keyboard, mouse and screen.
* use selection and looping structures.
* understand and write methods.
* understand object declaration & initialization.
* understand and apply (Java) classes to solve problems.
* use input from and output to external files.
* understand and use arrays.
* understand basic concepts in object oriented programming
3. Control structures
5. Object-oriented programming basics
9. Advanced topics
|Assumed Knowledge||No assumed knowledge|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Laboratory: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for SENG1110|