Faith, Revelation and Theology
|Course code RELT6040||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course will study theology as a 'discipline among disciplines' as it has been expressed in history and with a special focus on its various manifestations today and its approach to faith and revelation. The course will pay particular attention to important theologians and important theological issues in the current context.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Articulate an understanding of the discipline of theology as well as its place and importance in contemporary academia and society.
2. Critically evaluate, debate, discuss, and respond to theological issues which have arisen throughout history and which exist today.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key theologians throughout history and today.
4. Examine the relationship between theology and particular practical and professional interests today (such as theology and science, theology and education, etc.)
|Content||Topics will include:|
- Theology and its Foundations
- Theology and Faith
- Theology and Revelation
- Theology Today
|Transition||Students who have previously completed THEO6040 will not be permitted to enrol in RELT6040.|
|Assumed Knowledge||It is advantageous for students to have completed THEO1040 "Introduction to Theology" in the Bachelor of Theology.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Distance Learning : Paper Based
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 130 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for RELT6040|