Faith, Revelation and Theology
This course will study theology as a 'discipline among disciplines' as it has been expressed over time and with a special focus on its various manifestations today and its approach to the categories of faith and revelation. The course will pay particular attention to important theologians and important theological issues in the current context.
UoN Broken Bay Instit - Online
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Articulate an understanding of the discipline of theology as well as its place and importance in contemporary academia and society.
2. Critically evaluate, debate, discuss, and respond to theological issues which have arisen throughout history and which exist today.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key theologians throughout history and today.
4. Examine the relationship between theology and particular practical and professional interests today (such as theology and science, theology and education, etc.)
The course will be organised around the following themes:
- Theology and its Foundations
- Theology and Faith
- Theology and Revelation
- Theology Today
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6040. Students who have successfully completed THEO6040 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6040.
Online Learning Activity: Wiki Teamwork/Discussion Board Task
Quiz: Online Quiz
Essay: Research Essay
Essay: Major Essay
Seminar - Broken Bay Institute and UoN Broken Bay Instit - Online
Online 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term