Ministry: Life of the Church
This course explores in detail the foundational ideas and reasons for ministry in the church. It will study how the ministry of discipleship evolves out of a ministry service, and expressions of being called to share in God's mission in the world.
Not currently available.
1. Examine the posit of baptism as the common call to ministry and discipleship
2. Demonstrate an understanding of ministry having a mission within and beyond the church.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the interaction between the communal and personal call to discipleship.
The main themes will include:
- a study of important scriptural texts;
- the place of Tradition and new insights gained from the Second Vatican Council;
- how key church leaders and teachers have understood and developed and understanding of and call to ministry in the church;
- relationship between the Holy Spirit and the Church;
- possibilities for ministry in life situations
This course replaces THEO6026. If you have successfully completed THEO6026 you cannot enrol in this course.
An understating of THEO1010, whilst not a prerequisite, would be an advantage
Online Learning Activity: Written Assignment/Online Discussion
Online Learning Activity: Written Assignment/Blog Entries