Ministry: Life of the Church
This course explores in detail the foundational ideas and reasons for ministry in the church. It will study how the ministry of discipleship evolves out of a ministry service, and expressions of being called to share in God's mission in the world.
Not currently available.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Examine the posit of baptism as the common call to ministry and discipleship
2. Demonstrate an understanding of ministry having a mission within and beyond the church.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the interaction between the communal and personal call to discipleship.
The main themes will include:
- a study of important scriptural texts;
- the place of Tradition and new insights gained from the Second Vatican Council;
- how key church leaders and teachers have understood and developed and understanding of and call to ministry in the church;
- relationship between the Holy Spirit and the Church;
- possibilities for ministry in life situations
This course replaces THEO6026. If you have successfully completed THEO6026 you cannot enrol in this course.
An understating of THEO1010, whilst not a prerequisite, would be an advantage
Online Learning Activity: Written Assignment/Online Discussion
Online Learning Activity: Written Assignment/Blog Entries