Religion and Young People in Australia
This course is an advanced study into the relationship between religion and young people in Australia. It begins by exploring empirical research studies of youth and religion internationally, and turns to focus on studies in the Australian context. The course enables students to develop a critical understanding of how various religious organisations such as churches and educational institutions approach the intellectual and spiritual development of young people.
UoN Broken Bay Instit - Online
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of empirical research on young people and religion, with a focus on the Australian context.
2. Critically evaluate research perspectives on religion and young people in Australia.
3. Apply research perspectives to the spiritual and intellectual development of young people in religious organisations.
Content will include:
- Empirical research into religion and young people internationally and in Australia.
- Research into the spirituality and religiosity of young people today.
- Critical evaluation of approaches used by various religious organisations to foster the spiritual and intellectual development of young people.
- Apply critical perspectives on religion and young people to specific contexts.
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6022. Students who have successfully completed THEO6022 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6022.
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Tutorial Discussion Group
Essay: Minor Research Essay
Quiz: Online Quiz
Essay: Major Research Essay
Online 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term