Youth Ministry - Foundations
This course provides an introduction to Catholic youth ministry through the examination of key concepts related to ministry and to youth in the Catholic Church, including a review of the comprehensive youth ministry vision. The course examines the local youth ministry context in light of a comprehensive and systems thinking approach. Additionally, ministry to youth will be discussed in light of faith development and learning style theories.
Not currently available.
1. Explain the concepts, principles, and aims of a comprehensive youth ministry vision to be approved by Australian Catholic Bishops Conference.
2. Engage in a systematic reflection regarding ministry with youth in the Catholic Church using a systems theory and recent research.
3. Describe key concepts from foundational to learning and faith development related to ministry with youth.
4. Articulate the integration of key course concepts into local youth ministry context.
- Comprehensive vision of youth ministry
- Current research in youth ministry
- A systems approach to Catholic youth ministry
- Foundational documents in youth ministry
- Understanding of learning style and faith development theories related to youth ministry
This course replaces THEO6021. If you have successfully completed THEO6021 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: Essay / Written Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Essay / Written Assignment 2
Written Assignment: Essay / Written Assignment 3
Online Learning Activity: Blogs and Forum Posts