The Church in the World: Advanced Studies in Ecclesiology
This course is an advanced study of ecclesiology which examines various historical and contemporary theological understandings of the Christian Church.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2014.
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of the field of ecclesiology
2. Evaluate theologies of the Christian Church, including those which arose out of significant moments in its history.
3. Critically analyse contemporary ecclesiologies and important scholars in this field of study.
4. Apply theological reasoning to contemporary issues in the 21st century presence of the Christian Church in a variety of cultural contexts
The course will be organised around the following themes:
- Theological Development of Ecclesiology
- Ecclesiology in Historical Context
- Contemporary Ecclesiologies
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6010. Students who have successfully completed THEO6010 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6010.
Online Learning Activity: Discussion Forums
Essay: Minor Essay
Essay: Major Research Essay
Online 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term