The Christian Churches in the World: Advanced Studies in Ecclesiology
|Course code RELT6010||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course is an advanced study of ecclesiology which examines various historical and contemporary theological understandings of the Christian Church.
Not available in 2015
|Previously offered in 2014|
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of the field of ecclesiology
2. Evaluate theologies of the Christian Church, including those which arose out of significant moments in its history.
3. Critically analyse contemporary ecclesiologies and important scholars in this field of study.
4. Apply theological reasoning to contemporary issues in the 21st century presence of the Christian Church in a variety of cultural contexts
|Content||The course will be organised around the following themes:|
1. Theological Development of Ecclesiology
2. Ecclesiology in Historical Context
3. Contemporary Ecclesiologies
|Transition||Students who have previously completed THEO6010 will not be permitted to enrol in RELT6010.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term