This course is an advanced study in the emerging field of ecological theology. This field is marked by its attention to current scientific insight in the field of ecology and growing interest in ecological ethics, as well as current trends in philosophy, anthropology and ecology. It analyses the relationship between theology and these areas with a focus on scholarship in the areas of ecological theology and social ethics.
Not currently available.
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of ecological theology;
2. Demonstrate critical understanding of globalization and its various philosophical-religious perceptions with attention to the phenomenon¿s increased attention to ecological concerns;
3. Understand the field of ecology and explore its theological implications;
4. Explore the contribution of theology to ecology, social and environmental ethics;
The course will be organised around the following themes:
- Philosophy and ecology
- Theology and ecology
- Christology and ecology
- Theological ethics and ecology
This course replaces THEO6009. If you have successfully completed THEO6009 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: 2 x Essays / Written Assignments