Religion and Theology Honours IV: Final Thesis Submission
This course will involve the production and submission of a research dissertation or project in the area of Religion and Theology. Together with RELT4030, this course provides opportunities for religion and theology honours students to contribute to new knowledge in the field through the final submission of an advanced research thesis. Students will coordinate with a member of staff to individually supervise the final preparations of their research thesis through directed readings, consultation and feedback.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge to identify and provide solutions to problems in the area of religion and theology with intellectual independence, with regard to the specific issue(s) considered in the course;
2. Demonstrate cognitive and technical skills to understand a body of knowledge and theoretical concepts with regard to the specific issue(s) considered in the course;
3. Demonstrate cognitive skills to exercise critical thinking and judgement in developing, at the appropriate level, new understanding in religion and theology
4. Demonstrate initiative and judgement in scholarship in religion and theology
5. Apply knowledge and skills in the context of the diverse issues arising within a research project in religion and theology
6. Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in learning and practice and in collaboration with one's supervisor in the area of religion and theology
7. Plan and execute a piece of research and/or scholarship in religion and theology with some independence
Together with RELT4030, this course will involve preparations in consultation with the student’s thesis supervisor for the final submission of the student’s research thesis on a topic in religion and theology.
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO4004. Students who have successfully completed THEO4004 are not eligible to enrol in RELT4040.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Theology (Honours) or Bachelor of Arts (Honours) programs.
The Bachelor of Theology Honours and Bachelor of Arts Honours programs require successful completion of a Bachelor of Theology, Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Social Science or its equivalent, with a major in a field relevant to their proposed Honours study and at least a credit average in the field in their undergraduate program.
Thesis: Thesis presentation; Thesis; Thesis Progress and Dissemination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term