Directed Studies in Theology
|Course code RELT3011||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course provides opportunities for third year students to develop an advanced level of theological understanding and research skills through a customised learning experience which may include guided, intensive scholarly reading in particular fields or disciplines and/or pursuit of particular vocational interests or career avenues in real-world settings (ie. regular or intensive, interactive and practical experience). Students may choose from the following broad areas of study: sacred texts, development of belief systems, interfaith theology, religious ritual and liturgical practices, religious law, religious history.
Students may also propose a vocational experience as the context for their study and reflection, for example in a place of worship, social welfare agency, educational context or institution.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2013|
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course students will be able to: |
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of a specialised topic in the study of theology;
2. Apply research methodologies relevant to theological studies;
3. Critically evaluate their own learning and educational growth;
4. Reflect upon and synthesise theological insights across a range of secular and/or religious workplace settings;
5. Demonstrate advanced writing, research and information technology skills appropriate to studies in religion and theology.
|Content||This course allows students to develop an advanced level of theological learning through a customised learning experience.|
|Transition||Students who have previously completed THEO3004 will not be permitted to enrol in RELT3011.|
|Assumed Knowledge||20 units of RELT courses at 1000 level.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 2 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term|