Religious Studies Honours 4
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
This course will involve the production and submission of a research dissertation or project in the area of Religious Studies.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to demonstrate:
1. detailed understanding of specific issues and concepts relating to an aspect of Religious Studies;
2. detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to these issues;
3. ability to perform an extended research dissertation or project at Honours level;
4. skills in performing an extended critical/analytical OR creative task in Religious Studies at Honours level; and
5. ability to write an essay of thesis length at Honours level.
Together with RELI4003, this course involves the production and submission of a research dissertation or research project in the area of Religious Studies. The student will be required to undertake independent research, guided where appropriate by directed readings, consultation and feedback from an assigned supervisor.
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) program requires successful completion of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Social Science or equivalent, with a major in as field relevant to their proposed Honours study and at least a credit average in the field in their undergraduate program.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
Individual Supervision: for 1 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term