Global Health Systems and Policy
This course will cover health systems and policy to equip students with a conceptual understanding and a set of tools to address major public health challenges from a health systems and health policy perspective. The unit will provide an understanding of health systems including specific topics such as health workforce, financing, service delivery, information systems and health policy, and how these impact health interventions and health status in countries. A case study approach will then provide students with concrete examples of health systems and policy challenges.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Describe and critically examine the components of Health Systems.
2. Identify and critique key issues in various components of Health Systems in countries.
3. Critically describe and understand how Health Policy is developed, implemented and evaluated in varying settings.
4. Bring evidence based solutions and current world¿s best practice to Strengthen Health Systems.
The course will be designed with 9 Modules, and will have both internal and external delivery modes.
The content of the Modules will include the following:
- Overview and Introduction to Health Systems and Policy.
- Financing of Health Systems.
- Human Resources for Health.
- Health Information Systems.
- Medical Products and Technologies.
- Health Service Provision Paradigms.
- Governance and Health Systems.
- Health Policy
- Globalization and Health Systems & Policy.
Students will have a qualification or experience in a health related field, and will have an understanding of the basic principles of public health.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion
WebLearn GradSchool and Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face on Campus Students will attend a week long intensive workshop which will be conducted the week prior to the commencement of semester 2. Weblearn Students will still have two hours a week online lecture.