Personal Development Issues in Health
This course is the third and final course in the Health strand of the double degree - Bachelor of Teaching /Bachelor of Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE). Its purpose is to provide students with the opportunity to develop and apply knowledge and skills in aspects of the Personal Development and Health curricula (Health component of New Australian Curriculum HPE), specifically as they relate to sexuality and emotional, relational and mental health (Self and Relationships Strand). Students expand on the knowledge and skills gained in their first and second years in promoting the health of students using a whole of school approach.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Describe and apply principles of, and strategies for teaching Personal Development and dealing with sensitive issues in relation to sexuality and social, emotional, and mental health
2. Demonstrate teaching skills and effectively use relevant teaching resources for teaching about personal development topics
3. Analyse their own experiences, attitudes and values which may affect their teaching of key strands of the syllabus
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts and processes involved with sexuality, mental health issues for children and adolescents, child protection, and grief and loss (personal development topics in the NSW Secondary School Personal Development, Health and Physical Education syllabus).
- Module 1 - Sexuality In Perspective.
- Module 2 - Emotional, Social, and Mental Health.
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Senario/PBL Exercises
Presentation: Essays/Written Assignments and oral presentation
Formal Examination: Examination
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term