Literature Review of an Advanced Research Topic
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
This course forms part of an Australian Psychological Society accredited sequence.
Students carry out a detailed literature review of the research area relevant to their research project, develop a research proposal and consider the ethical implications of their research. This work is completed under the supervision of the course coordinator.
Not to count with PSYC4800
|Objectives||Students will further develop their ability to:
1. develop a research design including the selection of appropriate research methodology
2. develop a research proposal
3. consider the ethics implications of the intended research
4. search for relevant and suitable reading material
5. critically analyse and evaluate published research material
6. present information in written format in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation
7. provide a rationale for empirical research.
|Content||The course will cover ethical principles in psychological research, development of a research project, development of skills related to critical thinking as well as critical analysis and evaluation of published research.
Students will prepare or review and discuss a research project design and ethics application on their research topic area.
They will also prepare an extended review of the relevant research and rationale of their research that will include critical analysis of background published research relevant to their research topic.
Details of research topics will be available at the commencement of the academic year.
|Assumed Knowledge||Completion of an APS accredited sequence of years 1 - 3 in psychology.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Workshop: for 8 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for PSYC6780|