Advanced Topics in Applied Psychology
Forms part of an Australian Psychological Society accredited sequence.
Students study advanced topics in applied psychology in the areas of personality, testing, social, clinical and health. A wide range of topics within each of these areas will be offered and may vary from year to year.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
1. Interpret material in the topic area of their choice;
2. Critically evaluate the material;
3. Verbally present information in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation;
4. identify critical readings for the class and discussants;
5. participate as discussant in leading a conversation regarding critical issues relevant to the topic, thereby developing informed discussion and debate skills;
6. Present information in written format in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation.
As the course deals with current research in the areas of personality, social, clinical and health psychology, details of topics will be available at the commencement of the semester.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Postgraduate).
An APS accredited sequence in Psychology (years 1 - 3)
Written Assignment: Written Essay (3000 words)
Presentation: Individual Presentation
Participation: Critical Discussions and Participation