Clinical Research Project (Masters Final)
With the guidance of a principal and a secondary supervisor, students will conduct and report the clinical research project which they designed in the Clinical Research Project 1. The steps involved in this process include data collection, data analysis, and report writing. The mode of delivery is internal and teaching is by individual supervision.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Collect data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal and an ethics submission.
2. Analyse data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal.
3. Write a clear, succinct and critical report of the research in the form of a journal article and produce a 4500-5500 word critical literature review and extended discussion.
4. Present the research to an audience in a manner suited to the audience's understanding
- Adhering to a research protocol.
- Data collection and storage.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Designing an oral presentation of the research.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Master of Clinical Psychology program.
It is assumed that students will have passed courses in statistics and research methodology, and will have completed a research project, as part of a four-year program in Psychology which has been accredited by the Australian Psychological Society. It is also assumed that they will have completed a research proposal as part of the program, in the Clinical Research Project I course.
Presentation: Oral Presentation of Research Findings *
Thesis: Thesis *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Thesis: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must pass this assessment task to gain a pass in this course
- Presentation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must pass this assessment task to gain a pass in this course
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Contact over the semester will be by mutual agreement with the Supervisor/s.