Research Project 7
|Course code PSYC6522||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Psychology|
With the guidance of one or more research supervisors, students will conduct and report the research project which they designed in the Research Proposal course. The steps involved in this process include data collection, data analysis, and report writing.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the conclusion of the semester students will be able to:|
1. Collect data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal and an ethics submission.
2. Analyse data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal.
3. Write a clear, succinct and critical report of the research in the form of a thesis.
4. Present the research to an audience in a manner suited to the audience's understanding.
|Content||1. Adhering to a research protocol|
2. Data collection and storage.
3. Data collation and analysis.
4. Writing a research thesis.
5. Designing an oral presentation of the research.
|Transition||Course removed from D Clin Psyc as core and replaced with MEDI6145. Students who commenced prior to 2011 may complete either MEDI6145 or PSYC6522 but not both|
|Assumed Knowledge||It is assumed that students will have passed courses in statistics and research methodology, and will have completed a research project, as part of a four-year program in Psychology which has been accredited by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Committee. It is also assumed that they will have completed a research proposal as part of the program, in PSYC6511, Research Project 1. They will also have gained expertise through participation in the previous research courses, PSYC6515, PSYC6518, PSYC6519,PSYC6520 and PSYC6521.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for PSYC6522|