Research Project 7
With the guidance of one or more research supervisors, students will conduct and report the research project which they designed in the Research Proposal course. The steps involved in this process include data collection, data analysis, and report writing.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2014.
1. Collect data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal and an ethics submission.
2. Analyse data according to a method previously specified in a research proposal.
3. Write a clear, succinct and critical report of the research in the form of a thesis.
4. Present the research to an audience in a manner suited to the audience's understanding.
- Adhering to a research protocol
- Data collection and storage.
- Data collation and analysis.
- Writing a research thesis.
- Designing an oral presentation of the research.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Doctor of Clinical Psychology or Doctor of Clinical and Health Psycology program.
It is assumed that students will have passed courses in statistics and research methodology, and will have completed a research project, as part of a four-year program in Psychology which has been accredited by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Committee. It is also assumed that they will have completed a research proposal as part of the program, in PSYC6511, Research Project 1. They will also have gained expertise through participation in the previous research courses, PSYC6515, PSYC6518, PSYC6519,PSYC6520 and PSYC6521.