Psychology Skills in the Workplace
The course is designed to develop an understanding of applied psychology in the workplace. Students will develop advanced skills in human resources and building human capital. Attention is also given to building effective communication skills.
This course is not part of an APAC accredited sequence.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Understand the links between strategy, HRM, HRD and planning
2. Develop advanced HRM tools, including skills in selection and recruitment and interviewing
3. Understand the relationships between HRM, job attitudes, motivation and job design
4. Be able to design and carry out effective performance appraisals
5. Demonstrate an understanding of organizational communication
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic planning
- Job Analysis
- Selection and Recruitment
- Performance management
- Interviewing skills
- Job Design
Prior successful completion of PSYC6000 & PSYC6050 or approval for enrolment by the Program Convenor.
PSYC6000 and PSYC6050 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Essay/written assignment
Online 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term