Foundations of Applied Psychology 2
Available in 2013
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 1, Semester 2|
This course is not part of an APAC accredited sequence. This course provides a brief overview of the key areas of Applied Psychology for students with no prior background in the discipline. The course is divided into 3 modules:
1) Understanding relationships and predicting behavior – where we look at methods used in Psychology to study and measure variables that influence our attitudes and behaviors;
2) Using Psychological tests – where we examine how tests and surveys are used, how they are interpreted and what makes a good Psychological Instrument; and
3) Applications of Psychology – where we learn report writing and look at methods of evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
1. to provide a foundation for furthering knowledge and understanding of how psychology is used by researchers and organisations
2. to study human behaviour,
3. to develop students' ability to understand the applications of psychology in the workplace.
|Content||Introduces studies in the application of psychological measurement, research methods, and report writing|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for PSYC6050|