Advanced Topics in Personality,Social,Clinical & Health Psychology
|Course code PSYC4500||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Psychology|
Forms part of an Australian Psychological Society accredited sequence.
Students participate in in-depth seminars and discussions in an advanced topic related to a specific area of personality, social, clinical and/or health psychology defined by the seminar leader. A wide range of topics are available every year and these vary from year to year.
Students CANNOT take PSYC4500 with ANY of the following courses:
PSYC6740, or PSYC6750.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||Students will be expected to gain knowledge in their topic area equivalent to that suitable for a professional psychologist.|
On successful completion of this course, students will further develop their ability to:
1. conduct a targeted literature search to identify critical issues and theoretical perspectives relevant to the specific topic;
2. critically evaluate and integrate perspectives on the topic;
3. prepare and present a powerpoint presentation that integrates this information, analyses the topic in depth and presents
this information in an interesting and comprehensible manner;
4. identify critical readings for the class and discussants;
5. participate as discussant in leading a conversation regarding critical issues relevant to the topic, thereby developing
informed discussion and debate skills;
6. integrate critical issues and theoretical information relevant to the seminar topic in an essay with appropriate
interpretation and evaluation.
|Content||This course deals with current research in the areas of personality, social, clinical and health psychology. Details of topics will be available at the commencement of the semester.|
|Assumed Knowledge||An APAC accredited sequence in Psychology (years 1 - 3)|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Seminar: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PSYC4500|