Photonics Honours 4330
Photonics Honours 4330 comprises lectures, tutorials and/or laboratories on six elective topics selected from the following list or other advanced photonics, physics or mathematics elective topics: Signal & Image Processing; Vision; Surface Physics Technology; Medical Uses of Lasers; Ionising Radiation; Advanced Optical Design; and Advanced Topics in Optics.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Develop a range of communication skills including writing skills.
2. Effectively solve problems by using research skills, new knowledge and computer skills.
3. Acquire advanced knowledge in Applied Photonics.
Six topics selected from
- Signal & Image Processing
- Surface Physics Technology
- Medical Uses of Lasers
- Ionising Radiation
- Advanced Optical Design
- Advanced Topics in Optics
or other advanced Photonics, Physics or Mathematics topics.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (Honours) program.
A BSc(Photonics) with a Credit grade average in at least 40 unit of 3000 level courses.
Written Assignment: Written Assignments
Formal Examination: Final Examinations
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Lecture: Induction Requirement - Students must attend and pass the induction requirements before attending these sessions. - In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory safety induction.
Face to Face On Campus 60 hour(s) per Term