Industrial Project and Seminar
|Course code PHYS3330||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Mathematical and Physical Sciences|
Students will choose, undertake, and complete a research project under the supervision of a University of Newcastle academic staff member. The project may involve external academic and/or industrial partners. Students will give a seminar on their work at the conclusion of the project and provide a written report.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this compulsory course component in the course outline provided by the school.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will have:|
1. applied the knowledge gained in previous courses to a practical problem in physics and associated disciplines
2. demonstrated their ability to work independently and collaboratively
3. developed their abilities in problem solving and critical judgement
4. demonstrated their ability to effectively collect, analyse and organise scientific information
5. acquired written and verbal communication skills that allow them to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at a level and style appropriate to the audience.
|Content||Students will work on a project developed in collaboration with supervisors.|
A seminar and written report will be presented at the end of the project.
|Assumed Knowledge||A minimum of 20 units of PHYS2000 courses|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 60 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PHYS3330|