Industrial Project and Seminar
|Course code PHYS3330||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Mathematical and Physical Sciences|
Students will choose, undertake, and complete a research project under the supervision of a University of Newcastle academic staff member. The project may involve external academic and/or industrial partners. Students will undertake and complete a compulsory WH&S requirement for their project and work environment. They will maintain a project workbook and participate in workshops on career development, oral presentations and, ethical and professional practice in the discipline.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will have:|
1. applied the knowledge gained in previous courses to a practical problem in physics and associated disciplines
2. demonstrated their ability to work independently and collaboratively
3. developed their abilities in problem solving and critical judgement
4. demonstrated their ability to effectively collect, analyse and organise scientific information
5. acquired written and verbal communication skills that allow them to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at a level and style appropriate to the audience.
6. contributed to group discussions on career preparedness and ethical and professional practice.
|Content||Students will complete a research project in collaboration with supervisors.|
Students will undertake and complete a compulsory WH&S requirement for their project and work environment.
They will maintain a project workbook and participate in workshops on career development, oral presentations and, ethical and professional practice in the discipline.
|Assumed Knowledge||A minimum of 30 units of PHYS2000 courses|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 60 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Workshop: for 4 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PHYS3330|