Available in 2012
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009
This course is designed to broaden students' professional experience. This course includes 2, two-week blocks selected from options expected to include the following: sports podiatry, paediatric podiatry, private practice, podiatry research facility, footwear design and manufacture, surgical podiatry and an overseas placement.
1. Demonstrate competence in integrating of skills, knowledge and contextual information in patient assessment, diagnosis and management.
2. Consolidate and improve competencies in documentation and goal orientated management plans.
3. Demonstrate and ability to work as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
4. Demonstrate specialist diagnostic skills and consequential management of patients (radiological, vascular, neurological, pressure assessment/functional assessment).
5. Consolidate skills in orthotic management and problem solving.
6. Improve and consolidate patient and professional communication skills.
7. Implement evidence based practice into the clinical setting.
8. Demonstrate an ability to retrieve, collate and analyse recent literature relevant to the podiatry profession.
9. Design a presentation poster.
10. Be familiar with all APodC guidelines for patient management
4 week external clinical placement
Poster presentation covering aspect of specialised clinical practice experienced during student placement
Advanced podiatric clinical and theoretical knowledge
Modes of Delivery
Clinical: for 140 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Student Projects: for 8 hour(s) per Term for Full Term