Specialised Podiatry Practice
This course is designed to broaden students' professional experience. This course includes 2, two-week blocks delivered externally selected from options expected to include the following: sports podiatry, paediatric podiatry, private practice, podiatry research facility, footwear design and manufacture, surgical podiatry and an overseas placement.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate competence in integrating of skills, knowledge and contextual information in patient assessment, diagnosis and management.
2. Consolidate and improve competencies in documentation and goal orientated management plans.
3. Demonstrate and ability to work as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
4. Demonstrate specialist diagnostic skills and consequential management of patients (radiological, vascular, neurological, pressure assessment/functional assessment).
5. Consolidate skills in orthotic management and problem solving.
6. Improve and consolidate patient and professional communication skills.
7. Implement evidence based practice into the clinical setting.
8. Demonstrate an ability to retrieve, collate and analyse recent literature relevant to the podiatry profession.
9. Design a presentation poster.
4 week external clinical placement
Poster presentation covering aspect of specialised clinical practice experienced during student placement
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Podiatry program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of PDTY3101, PDTY3102, PDTY3103 & PDTY3104.
Advanced podiatric clinical and theoretical knowledge
Formal Examination: Written Exam *
In Term Test: OSCE Internal Clinical *
Written Assignment: Written Poster
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- In Term Test: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Students must complete NSW Health Department requirements for students to attend placements in NSW Health facilities.
Face to Face Off Campus 140 hour(s) per Term