Advanced Paediatric and Adult Foot Management
|Course code PDTY3101||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
This course further develops the student's podiatric clinical skills introducing them to a wide variety of more complex clinical cases and higher risk clients within the supervised University clinic environment. The course aims at integrating theoretic knowledge with clinical practice and developing skills in complex case management. The University clinic is integrated with the public sector podiatry service ensuring students treat a wide variety of cases and fully participate in multidisciplinary management.
This course is a Compulsory Program Component and students must pass in order to progress in the Bachelor of Podiatry program.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. Assimilate skills, knowledge and contextual information in the assessment, management and treatment of moderate to high risk clients and complex biomechanical cases|
2. Develop effective management plans for complex cases to the level of entry level competence for podiatrists
3. Enhance patient communication, education and health care promotion skills
4. Provide continuity of care and evaluation of patient management
5. Establish multidisciplinary management plans.
6. Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and competence with a wide range of diagnostic procedures within the clinical setting
7. Demonstrate correct patient evaluation technique and adherence to all medico-legal and infection control requirements within podiatric clinical practice.
8. Effectively integrate evidence based practice into the formulation of all patient management plans
|Content||Clinical practice 1 day per week in the University Podiatry Clinic|
Professional practice lecture
|Assumed Knowledge||Full body anatomy and physiology|
Pathomechanics of the lower limb
Orthoses manufacture and prescription
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Clinical: for 8 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Lecture: for 12 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PDTY3101|