Business Decision Making
|Course code PACC6008||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
The effective business decision making ensures sustainability in business. Quantitative techniques are frequently employed as essential research and analytical tools in accounting, financial and economic environments. This course provides an understanding of the qualitative and quantitative techniques that are frequently used in accounting, financial and economic studies to aid business decision making. Statistical techniques such as data screening and descriptive techniques, inferential statistics, sampling, questionnaire and research design, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance, regression analysis and factor analysis are covered. Use is made of SPSS statistical package to analyse data sets and produce reports based on qualitative and quantitative analyses. Participants will build increased competency in business communication skills and techniques.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: |
1. Demonstrate an understanding of quantitative techniques that are frequently used in accounting and financial studies research;
2. Design a quantitative study;
3. Exhibit an awareness of the principles of hypothesis testing;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate analytical strategies to test specific hypothesis;
5. Use the statistical software package SPSS for quantitative research; and
6. Report statistical findings in a clear and concise fashion.
|Content||Course content comprises data screening and descriptive techniques, inferential statistics, sampling, questionnaire design, research design, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance, regression analysis and factor analysis.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Computer Lab: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PACC6008|