Financial Accounting 3
|Course code PACC6005||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
This courses focuses on company accounting. It provides students with an understanding of the regulatory framework for corporate financial reporting in Australia, and provides detailed coverage of the requirements for the preparation of financial statements for a group of companies operating under common control. Topics covered include accounting for corporate acquisitions; consolidation accounting; consolidated cash flow statements; accounting for company income tax; and accounting for foreign operations and corporate insolvency.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical constructs of contemporary financial accounting;
2. Exhibit an awareness of selected accounting standards, including the ability to apply these standards in appropriate circumstances.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the technical skills, underlying concepts and issues in accounting for corporations.
4. Understand the theoretical and practical aspects involved in the preparation and interpretation of a set of consolidated financial statements.
|Content||The course will provide an overview of the theories of accounting and policy choice with respect to the requirements for the preparation of financial statements. Topics included in the course are:|
1. Intangible Assets
3. Financial Instruments
4. Accounting for Company Income Tax
5. Business Combinations
7. Company Liquidation
8. Foreign Currency Transactions
9. Extractive Industries
|Assumed Knowledge||PACC6000 Financial Accounting 1 and PACC6004 Financial Accounting 2|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for PACC6005|