Financial Accounting 2
|Course code PACC6004||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
The course examines general purpose financial reporting from the perspective of a single incorporated entity. In doing so, the course emphasises the development of a conceptual understanding of accounting in addition to providing an understanding of accounting procedures. Specific topics covered include: statutory reporting requirements, accounting standards and the conceptual framework project, cash flow statements, the measurement of non-current assets and liabilities, and the analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the corporate entity and be aware of the concepts, statutory requirements and other authoritative influences that underpin accounting and reporting in the Australian regulatory environment.
2. Exhibit an understanding of the technical skills, underlying concepts and issues in accounting for corporations.
3. Prepare published financial statements (including consolidated accounts) and relevant disclosures in notes to the accounts in accordance with the Corporations Act, Australian Accounting Standards and Stock Exchange listing rules.
4. Illustrate an awareness of the relevant accounting standards, statutory requirements and listing requirements that impact on corporate accounting and the preparation and presentation of financial reports
5. Explain the issues surrounding contemporary accounting controversies.
|Content||Topics included in this course include:|
Accounting and reporting for corporate entities, including the mechanisms and general method of preparing financial records for corporations' capital, operating, and acquisition activities, leading to the preparation of annual published financial reports as required under the provisions of the Corporations Law, Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Stock Exchange Listing requirements.
|Assumed Knowledge||PACC6000 Financial Accounting 1|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for PACC6004|