Financial Accounting 2
|Course code PACC6004||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
The course examines general purpose financial reporting from the perspective of a single incorporated entity. In doing so, the course emphasises the development of the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to interpret and apply accounting standards and procedures to solve accounting problems which companies encounter in practice.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the corporate entity and be aware of the concepts, statutory requirements and other authoritative influences that underpin accounting and reporting in the Australian regulatory environment.
2. Illustrate an awareness of the relevant accounting standards, statutory requirements and disclosure requirements that impact on corporate accounting and the preparation and presentation of financial reports.
3. Critically integrate and apply theoretical and technical accounting knowledge and skills to solve routine accounting problems.
4. Explain the issues surrounding contemporary accounting controversies.
5. Evaluate solutions for routine accounting problems in diverse contexts using social, ethical, economic, regulatory and global perspectives.
|Content||Topics included in this course include the following:|
1. Statutory reporting and disclosure requirements under the provisions of the Corporations Act, Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Stock Exchange Listing requirements;
2. Accounting standards and the conceptual framework;
3. Prepare financial records for corporations’ capital, operating, and acquisition activities;
4. Measurement of non-current assets and liabilities;
5. Theories of accounting;
6. Preparing published financial statements; and
7. Analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
|Assumed Knowledge||PACC6000 Financial Accounting 1|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for PACC6004|