Comprehensive Oral Health Care
|Course code ORHL6004||Units 20||Level 6000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
There is an emphasis on research throughout the course. Students will undertake a number of online case presentations demonstrating an understanding of the effects of social, cultural and economic factors with a strong evidence-based knowledge of clinical radiology, regional and dental anatomy, dental materials and prevention. Students will undertake a Critical Appraisal Exercise (CAE).
This course is a mandatory program component.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On completion of this course, you will be able to:|
1. Use an evidence based approach to the provision of information and care for children and adolescents.
2. Formulate clinical and preventive treatment plans for children and young people taking into account the social, cultural and economic background of patients.
3. Recognise and diagnose oral hard and soft tissue conditions utilizing clinical photographs, information and special diagnostic test results.
4. Demonstrate application and integration of knowledge of the aetiology, and effects of oral disease on the provision of treatment for children and adolescents.
5. Synthesise an appropriate treatment plan for preventive and restorative oral health care.
6. Provide individual care appropriate to the medical and oral health history for children and adolescents.
7. Generate research questions and proposals using evaluation of published literature.
8. Access, analyse and critically appraise published literature.
|Content||This course will contain fundamentals of:|
1. Clinical radiology
2. Oral pathology
3. Management of medically compromised patients
4. Evidence-based clinical practice
5. Approaches to clinical oral health care
6. Holistic patient care
7. Critical appraisal
|Assumed Knowledge||ORHL6001 and ORHL6002|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Problem Based Learning
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 280 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for ORHL6004|