Comprehensive Oral Health Care
There is an emphasis on research throughout the course. Students will undertake a number of online case presentations demonstrating an understanding of the effects of social, cultural and economic factors with a strong evidence-based knowledge of clinical radiology, regional and dental anatomy, dental materials and prevention. Students will undertake a Critical Appraisal Exercise (CAE).
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 3 - 2015.
1. Use an evidence based approach to the provision of information and care for children and adolescents.
2. Formulate clinical and preventive treatment plans for children and young people taking into account the social, cultural and economic background of patients.
3. Recognise and diagnose oral hard and soft tissue conditions utilizing clinical photographs, information and special diagnostic test results.
4. Demonstrate application and integration of knowledge of the aetiology, and effects of oral disease on the provision of treatment for children and adolescents.
5. Synthesise an appropriate treatment plan for preventive and restorative oral health care.
6. Provide individual care appropriate to the medical and oral health history for children and adolescents.
7. Generate research questions and proposals using evaluation of published literature.
8. Access, analyse and critically appraise published literature.
This course will contain fundamentals of:
- Clinical radiology
- Oral pathology
- Management of medically compromised patients
- Evidence-based clinical practice
- Approaches to clinical oral health care
- Holistic patient care
- Critical appraisal
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Dental Therapy.
ORHL6001 and ORHL6002
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Scenario/PBL exercises
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Self-Directed 280 hour(s) per Term
On-line tutorial Self-directed learning Students will be required to spend on average 240-280 hours of effort or total load (contact & non-contact including assessment)