Oral Health Promotion Project
In this course students will be rostered in small groups and will be required to attend a community placement in a residential aged care facility in the Central Coast area. Students will implement existing program material, develop and deliver oral health education and evaluate the effectiveness of community based oral health promotion interventions.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Contribute to the general debate on the provision of general and oral health care within the community and society;
2. Use an evidence based approach to the provision of information and care;
3. Develop, implement and evaluate oral health promotion activities;
4. Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with social and cultural sensitivity, with patients, carers and team members;
5. Evaluate the benefits and limitations of teamwork;
6. Utilise information technology effectively and appropriately
- Oral Health Promotion
- Communication skills
- Information technology
- Evidence based approach to care
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Oral Health program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of all 2nd year requirements.
This course builds directly on ORHL2003 and ORHL2005, and requires that you have successfully completed all Year 1 and Year 2 courses.
Online Learning Activity: Journal - Online
Presentation: Group Presentation
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- Immunisation Requirements - Students must have up to date Vaccination Records.
- National Police Certificate - Students must complete a National Police Check.
- Prohibited Employment Declaration - Declaration that student is not a prohibited person in terms of the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998.
- Working with Children - A national criminal history check and review of findings of misconduct involving children, required for any child-related work.