Management for Occupational Health and Safety
|Course code OHSE6070||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
This course examines six key areas associated with effective Health & Safety management. These areas are: disaster/ emergency planning and preparedness; employment relations; theories & systems of management & organisational behaviour; Health & Safety training & competencies;contemporary Health & Safety priorities; measuring Health & Safety performance.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||By the end of this course, students be able to:|
1. Identify and evaluate the impacts of a broad range of disasters and emergencies potentially affecting the workplace and the wider community.
2. Identify and explain the underlying need for emergency preparedness contingencies and associated regulatory obligations.
3. Analyse the relationship between employment relations systems and effective Health & Safety management.
4. Identify, analyse and explain a broad range of management theories and viewpoints.
5. Identify and analyse the type and effectiveness of the Health & Safety Management System adopted in terms of the political, social, regulatory and business environment in which the organisation operates.
6. Identify and analyse the issues and legislative obligations associated with Health & Safety training and competencies.
7. Analyse and explain the influence of performance measures on improving Health & Safety outcomes.
8. Outline a broad range of contemporary national and international Health & Safety issues and priorities.
|Content||This course has four modules, as follows: |
1. Disaster & Emergency Planning
2. Employment Relations
3. Health & Safety Management Theory, Organisational Behaviour and Training
4. Contemporary Health & Safety Priorities and Measuring Health & Safety performance
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Distance Learning : Paper Based
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 7 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Email Discussion Group: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for OHSE6070|