|Course code OHSE6030||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
OHSE6030 investigates the under-pinning scientific concepts and aspects of occupational safety. The course is founded upon the sciences of physics and chemistry, with an emphasis on the principles underlying safety applications.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||The course is designed to enable students to:|
1. Understand the range of issues within the scientific areas discussed in relation to the workplace.
2. Be familiar with a broad range of scientific concepts and their usage.
3. Identify the physical and/or chemical issues present at the workplace.
4. Be able to relate to the scientific viewpoint when investigating or in discussion concerning safety issues in the workplace.
|Content||The course is presented in 3 modules:|
1. Chemical Safety
2. Physics of Safety
3. Applications within the Workplace
|Assumed Knowledge||Nil, however, basic mathematical skills and basic chemistry and physics knowledge will be an advantage.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Email Discussion Group: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for OHSE6030|