Available in 2013
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
OHSE6030 investigates the under-pinning scientific concepts and aspects of occupational safety. The course is founded upon the sciences of physics and chemistry, with an emphasis on the principles underlying safety applications.
|Objectives||The course is designed to enable students to:
1. Understand the range of issues within the scientific areas discussed in relation to the workplace.
2. Be familiar with a broad range of scientific concepts and their usage.
3. Identify the physical and/or chemical issues present at the workplace.
4. Be able to relate to the scientific viewpoint when investigating or in discussion concerning safety issues in the workplace.
|Content||The course is presented in 3 modules:
1. Chemical Safety
2. Physics of Safety
3. Applications within the Workplace
|Assumed Knowledge||Nil, however, basic mathematical skills and basic chemistry and physics knowledge will be an advantage.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Email Discussion Group: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for OHSE6030|