OHSE6030 investigates the under-pinning scientific concepts and aspects of occupational safety. The course is founded upon the sciences of physics and chemistry, with an emphasis on the principles underlying safety applications.
Not currently available.
1. Understand the range of issues within the scientific areas discussed in relation to the workplace.
2. Be familiar with a broad range of scientific concepts and their usage.
3. Identify the physical and/or chemical issues present at the workplace.
4. Be able to relate to the scientific viewpoint when investigating or in discussion concerning safety issues in the workplace.
The course is presented in 3 modules:
- Chemical Safety
- Physics of Safety
- Applications within the Workplace
Nil, however, basic mathematical skills and basic chemistry and physics knowledge will be an advantage.
Written Assignment: A1 Written Assignment - Chemistry
Written Assignment: A2 Written Assignment - Physics
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion
Formal Examination: Examination
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online discussion is an assessible component of the course therefore students are required to contribute to this online discussion.
Self-Directed 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: Students are required to spend on average 120-140 hours of effort or total load (contact and non-contact including assessment) per 10 unit course over a 14 week semester.