Occupational Therapy Program Evaluation
|Course code OCCT4112||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
This course requires a student to review a selected area of Occupational Therapy practice in order to identify gaps in service provision or to identify client needs that require Occupational Therapy program development. Students will undertake an evaluation of needs by evaluating current Occupational Therapy practice in the selected area; critically evaluating the available literature to give a rationale for a future program, and developing a proposal relevant to Occupational Therapy that addresses the identified needs.
Not available in 2015
|Previously offered in 2014|
|Objectives||1. - Evaluate the effectiveness of current programs being offered to address the needs identified using the available literature and other sources.|
2. - Produce a literature review that analyses and synthesises literature in order to provide insight into the issues to be addressed in the investigation
3. - Present a clear rationale and purpose for a proposed program or intervention (or outcome) in response to the identified needs.
4. - Critique the literature to provide clear rationales for the choice of program delivery and content.
5. - Choose and apply an OT model of practice appropriate for the program proposal.
6. - Present clear and realistic aims and objectives for the program proposal.
7. - Develop a clear outline of the proposed content of the program, in response to the objectives.
8. - Demonstrateunderstanding of the ethical implications of the program for the proposed client group.
9. - Present a brief description of the proposed program.
|Content||Program proposal preparation skills including:|
- Critical analysis of relevant literature
- Mind mapping, defining and refining the topic area
- Developing program title, aims and objectives
- Applying a relevant OT model to direct the program.
|Replacing Course(s)||Replacing 10 units of OCCT4100: OT Theory & Practice 4A 40 units (Pass Degree)|
|Assumed Knowledge||Satisfactory completion of all courses in the previous 3 years of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 6 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks