Advanced Professional Practice in Occupational Therapy
This course aims to consolidate previous knowledge and skills and broaden the students' professional experience in the practice of Occupational Therapy. Students undertake an extended professional placement in a selected area of practice. Upon completion of the professional placement students are expected to be performing at the level of a beginning practitioner. This course is designed to assist students to gather and utilise information appropriately and to develop appropriate decision-making skills within the professional practice environment.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
1. Reflect critically on their own professional performance and take responsibility, under supervision, for action in response to this.
2. Effectively employ a model of reflection to evaluate own learning in a practice setting.
3. Demonstrate practice skills and professional behaviour commensurate with expectations for a new graduate in the context of their practice education setting.
- Australian Competency Standards for Entry Level Occupational Therapists
- Personality types and learning styles
- Preparing for professional practice and employment
- Using reflection to develop practice
- Preparing for practice education
Practice education 12 weeks full time participation.
OCCT4110 Pre-Requisite and requirements for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy 10792.
240 credit points of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy programme
Professional Task: Practice Education
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.