This course aims to consolidate previous knowledge and skills and broaden the students' professional experience in the practice of Occupational Therapy. Students undertake an extended professional placement in a selected area of practice. Upon completion of the professional placement students are expected to be performing at the level of a beginning practitioner. This course is designed to assist students to gather and utilise information appropriately and to develop appropriate decision-making skills within the professional practice environment.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2015.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Reflect critically on their own professional performance and take responsibility, under supervision, for action in response to this.
2. Effectively employ a model of reflection to evaluate own learning in a practice setting.
3. Demonstrate practice skills and professional behaviour commensurate with expectations for a new graduate in the context of their practice education setting.
- Australian Competency Standards for Entry Level Occupational Therapists
- Personality types and learning styles
- Preparing for professional practice and employment
- Using reflection to develop practice
- Preparing for practice education
Practice education 12 weeks full time participation.
OCCT4110 Pre-Requisite and requirements for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy 10792.
240 credit points of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy programme
Professional Task: Practice Education
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.