Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Modifying a person's home to assist in their occupational functioning is a key role of an occupational therapist. In integrating theory and practice there is a high level of technical skills associated with this learning that have to be matched to the occupational therapists' clinical reasoning surrounding the person and their family who they are working with.
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Assess and analyse the impact of the environment on occupational task performance
2. Select domestic and community activities appropriate to the needs and abilities of the client.
3. Evaluate a clients home environment, determining necessary modifications for improved occupational performance,
4. Measure dimensions of the clients home accurately,
5. Critique technical drawings,
6. Draw clear sketches & technical drawings of modifications and positions for rails in bathrooms and toilets,
7. Critically appraise the modification for improving the quality of life of the person / family and relevant others.
8. Clearly describe clinical reasoning for all proposed recommendations.
|Content||This course focusses on modifications in the home environment that will enhance safety and function for an individual to improve their quality of life. Assessment and evaluation of an individual/family needs and the application of technical measurments and abilities is delivered through a critical and reflective framework of the students' clinical resoning.|
|Replacing Course(s)||Partial replacement = 50% of OCCT2110|
|Assumed Knowledge||This third level course will assume the knowledge, skills and attitudes that have been developed in all the courses in years one and two of the program.|
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
Distance Learning : Paper Based
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks
Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for OCCT3160|