Leading Change in Practice
This course assists students to review and critique concepts and processes relating to leading change. The course provides students with an opportunity to construct a proposal related to a planned change process they wish to lead in their work context.
- Trimester 2 - 2015
- Trimester 2 - 2016
1. To adopt a people approach to leadership of change;
2. To enable critical review of change theories, models and processes;
3. To reflect on differences in scale and scope of change at the level of organizations, unit/teams and the individual, and the need for congruence between the goals of change at each of these levels,
4. To critically analyse the roles and function of leaders, change agents and stakeholders in the context of change;
5. To reflect on and discuss the role of organisational/unit culture and motivation in situations of change;
6. To consider barriers and reactions to change;
7. To provide an opportunity for each student to identify and critically analyse, address and evaluate a change process;
8. To discuss methods of disseminating the outcomes of a change process.
The course adopts a problem based approach learning about:
- Theories, models and processes relating to change;
- Roles and functions in the leadership and management of change;
- Situation analysis;
- Construct a proposal for change.
Foundations of nursing knowledge, nursing theory, legal and ethical issues, fundamentals of research, human bioscience, psychology, sociology related to practice. Principles of investigative approaches in nursing, concepts and theories relevant to practice, contemporary nursing issues. Academic reading and writing skills, ability to access and evaluate information from a variety of sources, skills in critical analysis, critical judgement, synthesis and evaluation. Ability to conceptualise practice. Demonstrated Australian Nursing Council competencies.
Online Learning Activity: Written assignment-blog 1
Written Assignment: Essay 1
Online Learning Activity: Written assignment-blog 2
Written Assignment: Essay 2
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term