Transition to Professional Practice A
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Port Macquarie Nth Coast Inst||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
This course provides students with a sustained period of clinical practice to enable them to prepare effectively for professional practice. This preparation involves working alongside registered nurses and demonstrating increasing ability to provide care for a group of clients as an effective practitioner. An integral aspect of professional function is the ability to manage one's practice. Understanding the application of processes to achieve quality care is an integral aspect of professional practice.
This course is a Compulsory Program Component and students must pass in order to progress in the Bachelor of Nursing program
Completing the learning activities for this course will enable the student to:
1. Demonstrate the development of a body of knowledge in relation to complex health breakdown processes as they apply to individuals;
2. Demonstrate the ability to undertake patient assessment, develop a plan of care according to the results of patient assessment, formulate expected outcomes and evaluate the effectiveness of care;
3. Discuss the processes involved in health breakdown in situations encountered within the clinical placement;
4. Demonstrate personal practice management skills in the clinical context consistent with the performance of a new practitioner;
5. Apply an evidence based approach to the assessment and nursing care of clients experiencing illness;
6. Plan and implement nursing care for clients that reflects an understanding of the impact of health breakdown, including psychosocial dimensions of the illness experience on the client and significant others;
7. Reflect on personal professional practice and identify opportunities for ongoing development.
Satisfactory completion of all 1000 and 2000 level BN courses.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Clinical: for 168 hour(s) per Term for Full Term