Independent Professional Practice
Students will undertake a supervised professional practice project incorporating self-directed learning, with assistance from their workplace supervisor. Projects and placements will address a nutrition and dietetics related topic. Students will develop a learning agreement for the project with their university and placement supervisors.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Develop a learning agreement
2. Demonstrate reflective practice
3. Demonstrate the role of a dietitian in practice.
4. Gain experience in novel or unfamiliar work areas.
- Planning a learning program
- Setting personal and organisational goals
- Reflective practice
- Written communication and documentation
This course is only available to students enrolled in the B Nutrition & Dietetics (Honours) program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of NUDI4241 and NUDI4242
NUDI3220 Clinical Nutrition 1; NUDI3230 Clinical Nutrition 2; NUDI3240 Dietetic Practice; NUDI3250 Programs for Nutrition Education; NUDI3280 Nutritional Biochemistry; NUDI3290 Research Methods and Statistics; NUDI3300 Foodservice Management; NUDI3310 Public Health Nutrition
Report: Learning Contract Report
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
4 weeks fieldwork placement block