Clinical Professional Practice 1
|Course code NUDI4241||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
NUDI4241 and NUDI4242 jointly comprise of 10 weeks of professional practice in the clincial acute care setting accross the year.
Jointly these courses develop students' dietetic practice competencies to entry level standard in accordance with the professional requirements of the Dietitians Association of Australia. This consists of 10 weeks of clinical placements within a dietetic department. There is no face-to-face teaching on campus but workshops and tutorials will be offered. Student attendance is optional but recommended. Materials will be available on the course Blackboard site for those unable to attend due to placement.
This course is Compulsory Program Component and students must pass in order to progress in the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics program.
The final date that a student may withdraw without academic penalty from this course is 1 week prior to commencement of the placement or 2 weeks into the semester whichever is the earlier date.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2012|
|Objectives||At completion of NUDI4241 and NUDI4242, students will be able to demonstrate:|
1. Knowledge sufficient to ensure safe practice as per DAA National Competency Standards for Entry-Level Dietitians (NCSELD)as they apply to the clinical/acute care setting.
2. Competence in the collection, organisation and assessment of data relating to the health and nutritional status of individuals and groups as per DAA NCSELD.
3. Competence in the management of nutrition care for individuals as per DAA NCSELD.
4. An organised, professional and ethical approach to work as per DAA NCSELD.
|Content||1. Application of nutrition and dietetic knowledge in clinical practice.|
2. Setting personal goals for learning experiences.
3. Reflecting on learning experiences.
4. Written communication and documentation in the form of nutrition care plans and case studies.
5. Individual and group education experience.
|Transition||Students who fail the clinical practice component of NUDI4240 may enrol in NUDI4241 without disadvantage.|
|Assumed Knowledge||NUDI3310, NUDI3220, NUDI3240, NUDI3300, NUDI3230, NUDI3250, NUDI3290.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Experience Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Clinical: for 40 hour(s) per Week for 10 weeks|