Nutrition and Dietetics Clinical Practice
Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Develops students' dietetic practice competencies to entry level standard in accordance with the professional requirements of the Dietitians' Association of Australia. This consists of 10 weeks of clinical placements within a dietetic department. There is no face-to-face teaching on campus but tutorials may be held as necessary.
This course is Compulsory Program Component and students must pass in order to progress in the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics program.
The final date that a student may withdraw without academic penalty from this course is 1 week prior to commencement of the placement or 2 weeks into the semester whichever is the earlier date.
|Objectives||By the end of this course, students should be able to demonstrate:
1. Knowledge sufficient to ensure safe practice as per DAA National Competency Standards for Entry-Level Dietitians (NCSELD)
2. Competence in the collection, organisation and assessment of data relating to the health and nutritional status of individuals and groups as per DAA NCSELD
3. Competence in the management of nutrition care for individuals as per DAA NCSELD
4. An organised, professional and ethical approach to work as per DAA NCSELD
|Content||1. Application of nutrition and dietetic knowledge in clinical and food service practice.
2. Setting personal goals for learning experiences.
3. Reflecting on learning experiences.
4. Written communication and documentation in the form of nutrition care plans and case studies.
5. Individual and group education experience.
|Transition||Students who fail the clinical practice component of NUDI4150 may enrol in NUDI4240 without disadvantage.|
|Assumed Knowledge||NUDI3310, NUDI3220, NUDI3240, NUDI3300, NUDI3230, NUDI3250.|
|Modes of Delivery||External Mode
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Clinical: for 40 hour(s) per Week for 10 weeks|