Community and Foodservice Professional Practice 2
|Course code NUDI4232||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
NUDI4231 and NUDI4232 together comprise 9 weeks of professional practice in the community and food service settings across the year. Students attend professional practice placement in groups of 2 or 3 to develop their community and food service management practice competences. This course consists of 5 weeks of Community Placement and 4 weeks of Food Service Placement to a total of 9 weeks placement across the year. There is no face-to-face teaching on campus. Workshops and tutorials will be offered. Student attendance is optional but recommended. Materials will be available on the course Blackboard site for those unable to attend due to placement.
This course is mandatory program component and must be passed in order to progress in the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics. The final date that students may withdraw without academic penalty from this course is one week prior to the commencement of the placement or two weeks into the semester, whichever is the earlier date.
This course is a mandatory program component and students must pass in order to progress in the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics program.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2012|
|Objectives||At completion of NUDI4231 and NUDI4332, students will be able to demonstrate: |
1) Knowledge sufficient to support safe pracice as per DAA National Competency Standards for Entry-Level Dietitians (NCSELD) as they apply to the community setting.
2) Knowledge sufficient to support safe practice as per the DAA NCSELD as they apply to the foodservice setting.
3) Competence in the collection, organisation and assessment of data relating to the health and nutritional status of groups or populations as per DAA NCSELD.
4) Competence in the management of projects and programs for groups or populations as per DAA NCSELD.
5) An organised, planned, professional and ethical approach to work as per DAA NCSELD.
|Content||1. Application of nutrition and dietetic knowledge in community and food service management practice.|
2. Setting personal goals for learning experiences.
3. Reflecting on learning experiences.
4. Written communication and documentation in the form of project reports.
5. Teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
6. Application of group education principles.
|Transition||Students failing NUDI4230 will be able to enrol in the relevant components of NUDI4231 and NUDI4232 without disadvantage|
|Assumed Knowledge||NUDI2110, NUDI3250, NUDI3310, NUDI3290, NUDI3300, NUDI3220, NUDI3230, NUDI4231|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Experience Based Learning|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Practicum: for 40 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks|